Any monsters with this flag set have the following attributes:
- Many Skills fail on them:
- The knock back aspect of skills does not affect them.
- They detect the Hiding status and any other skill statuses that is similar to it.
- The time Ankle Snare holds them is reduced.
- Unaffected by status effects:
- Affected by all items geared towards "bosses", i.e.:
- Abysmal Knight Card (weapon) - increases damage to them by 25%
- Alice Card (shield) - reduces damage dealt by them by 40%
Example for common monsters with Boss protocol:
- Monsters of tha_t07 (Thanatos Tower Lv.7) and above
- Owl Duke
- Owl Baron
- Kasas, Bow Guardians, and Sword Guardians
Mini-bosses do not actually exist as a category of monster; it is a player-coined term used to describe rare monsters that typically have set spawn intervals, ranging from as short as 10 minutes to as long as 2 hours, unlike normal monsters which respawn nearly instantly. Mini-bosses are similar to MVPs but aren't quite the same. They are usually programmed with Boss Protocol and some can even summon minion monsters. Unlike MVPs, mini-bosses are not considered Free for All.
Monsters that people tend to classify as mini-bosses are:
- Arc Angeling
- Cat O' Nine Tails
- Dark Illusion
- Dragon Fly
- Hellion Revenant
- Maya Purple
- Mutant Dragonoid
- Vagabond Wolf
- Desperos Of Thanatos
- Dolor of Thanatos
- Maero of Thanatos
- Odium of Thanatos
|Element||Earth • Fire • Ghost • Holy • Neutral • Poison • Shadow • Undead • Water • Wind|
|Race||Angel • Brute • Demihuman • Demon • Dragon • Fish • Formless • Insect • Plant • Undead|
|Monster Rules and Info||Boss Protocol • Kill Stealing • MVP (Free for All) • Size|